Walking tours are just one of many events that are made better with the addition of multi-channelled, music blaring headsets. Silent disco walking tours have become one of the most popular tourist expeditions across all of the major cities in the UK. Some of the locals even join in from time to time as well! They’re great for family outings, stag & hen dos, birthday parties, and work get-togethers.
If you’re a fan of silent disco parties but haven’t experienced a silent disco tour yet, this article will give you the low down. By the time you’ve finished reading you’ll know exactly what to expect from a silent disco walking tour and where to find them.
What is a silent disco walking tour?
A silent disco walking tour is a unique and exciting way to explore a city. Each guest will be asked to slip on a headset so that they can listen to a friendly host dishing out fun facts about the location they are in. For the duration of your walking tour, the hosts will also be pumping out iconic sing-along songs to get you in the mood for a good night out. The songs will often relate to the sites you are seeing to add another layer that you wouldn’t get on a regular walking tour.
Depending on the operator and specific tour that you choose, silent disco tours can be family-friendly, suitable for people ages 6 and up. Alternatively, if you are looking for more of a party-vibe there are plenty of 18+ silent disco walking tours that involve lots of drink stops along the way.
How do silent disco tours work?
Typically, the walking tours will last between 90 minutes and two and a half hours depending on the route and how much dancing there is between each stop. Each guest will be given a silent disco headphone, while the tour host will also have a headset and a battery-operated microphone and transmitter. This means that they can communicate with you on the move. The music will also be beamed through this portable transmitter into your headsets.
Each tour operator will have the walking tour route planned which will take you to some of the most iconic and fascinating places throughout the city. Your guide will be an expert with local knowledge who will be able to keep you safe, informed and entertained throughout your tour.
The UK’s best silent disco walking tours
You are spoilt for choice when it comes to silent walking tours in the UK with specialist operators located in most big cities. Check out the list below for the UK’s best silent disco walking tours.
London – Silent Disco Walking Tours
Silent Disco Walking Tours is the name of the company and it’s exactly what they offer their punters. They were given the TripAdvisor Traveller’s Choice award in 2020 which makes them in the top 10% of all tourist attractions in the world. They are also ranked as number 1 out of 1400 London walking tours on TripAdvisor. So, you can rest assured that you’re in safe hands.
They offer three types of tours:
· West End Musical Tour – this silent disco tour of London invites you on a magical journey around London’s West End. You’ll hop from theatre to theatre while listening to all of the best show tunes.
· Drag Queen Disco Diva Tour – this over 18’s silent disco walking tour features fabulous tunes as the host guides you around London’s iconic Soho district.
· Private Tours – If you have a large group, both the above tours are available as private tours, and you can even create custom tours to suit your needs.
Liverpool – Silent Adventures
Silent Adventures operates across the UK and Europe. They have become famous for their energetic and flamboyant party walking tours. The Liverpool tour is their flagship tour. It has 99% 5-star reviews on TripAdvisor and is enjoyed by everyone that takes part. The tours last around 60 minutes and will take you through the heart of the city. You’ll learn a few fun facts while you embark on the riotous party tour! At Christmas time they also run a festive-themed silent disco walking tour adventure to get you in the holiday spirit.
These guys also operate in Edinburgh, Glasgow, London, Newcastle, Manchester, Aberdeen, Dundee, and Cardiff. So, wherever you are in the UK you won’t be too far away from one of these events.
This is the second London-based silent disco walking tour operator on our list. Boogie Shoes Silent Discos dance walk around some of the capitals most famous landmarks while listening to classics from the 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s. Their tours start from various locations such as Covent Garden, The Lyceum Theatre and Old Steine Gardens. One of the tours is focused on The Beatles and finishes on Abbey Road, while others will take you around London’s West End. Each tour lasts around 60 minutes, and you’ll have a blast no matter which tour you decide on.
Edinburgh – Silent Disco Tours
This Edinburgh based operator offers five unique and amazing silent disco walking tours. There’s something for everyone and you’ll learn a lot about the city of Edinburgh which has a long and fascinating history.
· Original Tour – this tour takes you around the old town of Edinburgh which has a gruesome history. However, the sing-along tunes will cheer you up as you walk across the cobbled streets.
· Movie Tour – Edinburgh’s stunning streets have been featured in a bunch of movies. You’ll be taken around the film locations for Trainspotting, Outlander, Avengers and more while listening to well-known songs from the movies.
· Royal Mile Tour – Silent disco party your way along Edinburgh’s most famous street while listening to the best songs from the past four decades.
· Haunted Tour – Edinburgh’s history is not short of gruesome wars, plagues and witch hunts so there’s plenty of ghostly stories to be told. The tunes on this silent disco tour match the scariness of the stories.
· Cultural Tour – Listening to some of Scotland’s favourite artists while you walk around the city’s most iconic cultural spots. Expect a lot of bagpipes and stunning cathedrals.
Final thoughts on silent disco walking tours
As you can see the UK certainly isn’t short of silent disco walking tours. If you type in silent disco near me, you’ll find one in no time in pretty much every major UK city.
Alternatively, if you want to host your own silent disco walking tour, we hire everything you need, including hundreds of LED headphones and battery-operated transmitters. Feel free to get in touch and we’re happy to talk through everything you need to create your own silent disco walking tour event.
Silent disco equipment hire for parties and events
Silent discos are becoming more and more popular every year with partygoers and event hosts. They work well at weddings, birthday parties, music festivals, schools and anywhere with enough room to dance. The result is a room full of people dancing and singing like nobody’s watching, and what can be more fun than that!?
Here at Silent Disco Party UK we can hire all the equipment you need to throw your own silent headphone disco and deliver it to any UK address. What are you waiting for?!